Philosophy Dr. Jennifer Goldman enjoys treating patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly. This has allowed her to care for all generations of family members and build strong bonds of trust with her patients. She provides her patients with optimal and comprehensive care, thereby reducing the need to see specialists. She believes in encouraging her patients to make healthy lifestyle choices, which contribute to a healthy and beautiful smile.
Education Dr. Jennifer Goldman comes from a family with a strong medical background. Her mother was a nurse, and her father a physical therapist. Dr. Goldman has wanted to be a dentist since she was very young. Although she was involved in cheerleading, music, theater, and many other things in high school, she maintained her goal of becoming a dentist. In1985, she received a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of California, San Diego, with a Major in Physiology and minors in Psychology and Music. In 1989, she received a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the U.C.L.A. School of Dentistry. Dr. Goldman opened her own private dental practice in Woodland in 1990.
Dental Experience Through her continuing education and dental practice, Dr. Goldman has accumulated vast knowledge and experience in general and cosmetic dentistry. Her expertise includes teeth cleaning, gum treatment, fillings, root canal therapy, crowns, bridges, veneers, teeth bleaching, extractions, dentures, implants, oral surgery, and orthodontics.
· American Dental Association · California Dental Association
· Sacramento District of Dental Society · Advanced General Dentistry
· Alpha Omega Int'l Dental Fraternity · American Assoc. of Women Dentists
· American Institute of Oral Medicine
Awards and Honors
· Woman of the Year, Woodland Business and Professional Women's Organization
· Woodland School Board Unsung Heroes Award
· Beamer Elementary Volunteer Service Award
· Alpha Omega Outstanding Frater Award
· Dean's List UCSD and UCLA
Volunteerism Dr. Goldman has been a strong advocate for providing care to under-privileged children. Each year she has hosted the “Smiles for Kids” clinic, providing free dental treatment to needy children. Dr. Goldman has also continually volunteered her time to do free dental screenings for kids in Woodland. She has been featured in the Daily Democrat for her community service, and was honored as an "Unsung Hero" by the Woodland School District.
Dr. Goldman has also volunteered much of her time to help create future generations of dentists and dental assistants, by participating in the following:
· University California, Davis Pre-Dental internship program
· Western Career College Dental Assisting externship program
· High-Tech Institute Dental Assisting externship program
· Cal OSHA Review instructor
Family My husband, Scott, and I have four children, Zachary, Kelsey, Sadie, and Jason. We have a large and very warm extended family and enjoy our pet cats, dog, bunny and fish. The serenity of my office is a contrast to my busy and boisterous home life.
Hobbies I enjoy learning new skills, traveling, cooking, reading, working out at the gym, skiing, singing and playing the mandolin.
Make an appointment today ... we’ll give you a reason to smile!